In Celebration of Agriculture & The Arts
We gather every year to share music, local food, and land-based skills in the belief that this is the foundation for a culture that cares for it’s people and the ecosystem.
Mountain Run Farm
Mountain Run Farm, located in Sedalia, VA, is a family farm on a path of healing land and people. The farm produces grass-only beef, lamb, pastured pork, eggs, vegetables, orchard crops, medicinal herbs and an abundance of wild food, wildlife, and habitat. The farm is a living and working example of regenerative agriculture and the power that humans have to work with the land, plants, and animals to build topsoil, steward watersheds, and restore ecological diversity.
Location & Accomodations
Mountain Run Jam is held at the beautiful Camp Sedalia. Facilities include an outdoor kitchen, pavilions, outhouses, a swimming pond, creek, and gorgeous mountain views.
Other Local Accommodations
What to Bring
- A cup, plate and eating utensils. This is super important in helping us reduce waste!
- Camping gear
- Any food you may need–especially for dietary needs
- Camp stoves if you’d like to cook
- Headlamps/flash lights
- Clothing and shoes for all weather conditions—swim wear advisable!
- Biodegradable soap if you plan on bathing (Dr. Bronner’s)
- Binoculars for the bird walk, star gazing, wildlife and landscape viewing
- NO GLASS BOTTLES
Address: 1228 Charlemont Rd, Big Island, VA 24526 (next to Sedalia Baptist Church, right off of highway 122).
From Interstate 81:
- Off of 81 S, take exit 188 A towards Buena Vista (60 East).
- Drive about 2 miles and take a right at the first light onto Forge Road.
- Drive a half mile and take a left onto Paxton House Drive.
- You’ll pass a cemetery and a golf course on this road, the road name will change to 10th St. Drive 1.7 miles and take a right at the stop light onto Magnolia Ave (501 S). You’ll be on this road for 14 miles.
- Take a right onto 501 S towards Big Island. This is a bridge crossing the James River. You’ll see a “Welcome to Bedford County” sign shortly after you cross the bridge.
- Drive about 4.5 miles, and take a right onto Big Island Highway (122 S).
- Drive 6.2 miles and take a left onto Charlemont Rd. The Sedalia Center and Sedalia Store will be on your right as you’re turning onto Charlemont. There will also be a Mountain Run Farm sign across from the Sedalia Store.
- Pass Sedalia Baptist Church on the left, turn into the Mountain Run Farm entrance on the left and drive straight down the gravel road towards Camp Sedalia.