9th Annual Mountain Run Jam
September 27 – 29, 2019
Location and Accommodations
Mountain Run Jam is held at the beautiful Camp Sedalia on Mountain Run Farm, a family farm producing grass-only beef, lamb and pastured pork. Facilities include an outdoor kitchen, pavilions, outhouses, a swimming pond, creek, and gorgeous mountain views.
Other Local Accommodations
What to Bring
A cup, plate and eating utensils. This is super important in helping us reduce waste!
- A dish to share for Friday night’s potluck.
- Camping gear
- Any food you may need
- Camp stoves if you’d like to cook
- Headlamps/flash lights
- Clothing and shoes for all weather conditions—swim wear advisable!
- Biodegradable soap if you plan on bathing (Dr. Bronner’s)
- NO GLASS BOTTLES
Bring a dish to share for Friday night’s potluck, food to meet any dietary needs, and cash so that you may purchase food from our vendors.
NO GLASS BOTTLES!
There is an on-site farm store with farm fresh beef, pork, lamb, produce, honey and local crafts.
Address: 1228 Charlemont Rd, Big Island, VA 24526 (next to Sedalia Baptist Church, right off of highway 122).
From Interstate 81:
- Off of 81 S, take exit 188 A towards Buena Vista (60 East).
- Drive about 2 miles and take a right at the first light onto Forge Road.
- Drive a half mile and take a left onto Paxton House Drive.
- You’ll pass a cemetery and a golf course on this road, the road name will change to 10th St. Drive 1.7 miles and take a right at the stop light onto Magnolia Ave (501 S). You’ll be on this road for 14 miles.
- Take a right onto 501 S towards Big Island. This is a bridge crossing the James River. You’ll see a “Welcome to Bedford County” sign shortly after you cross the bridge.
- Drive about 4.5 miles, and take a right onto Big Island Highway (122 S).
- Drive 6.2 miles and take a left onto Charlemont Rd. The Sedalia Center and Sedalia Store will be on your right as you’re turning onto Charlemont. There will also be a Mountain Run Farm sign across from the Sedalia Store.
- Pass Sedalia Baptist Church on the left, turn into the Mountain Run Farm entrance on the left and drive straight down the gravel road towards Camp Sedalia.