Mountain Run Farm
Mountain Run Jam is held at the beautiful Camp Sedalia on Mountain Run Farm. Mountain Run Farm is a family farm producing grass-only beef and pastured pork. Facilities include an outdoor kitchen, outhouses, ponds and creeks for swimming and bathing, amazing views of the mountains and (if we’re lucky) the herd. Please bring biodegradable soap if you plan on bathing (Dr. Bronner’s).
Bring your gear and clothes for all weather conditions. Contact us with any questions.
Other Local Accommodations
Bring a dish to pass for Friday night’s potluck. Saturday there will be pizza, tacos, and burgers for sale, so bring some cash! Feel free to bring your own food, eating utensils, plates, bowls, cups and gear to cook. On-site farm store with farm fresh beef and pork. Those with food allergies, please bring food to suit your needs. BYOB.
Address: 1228 Charlemont Rd, Big Island, VA 24526 (near Sedalia Baptist Church and highway 122) just down the road from the Sedalia Center and the Millstone Tea Room.
From Interstate 81:
• Get on 81 S and take exit 188 A towards Buena Vista (60 East).
• Drive about 2 miles and take a right at the first light onto Forge Road.
• Drive about half a mile and take a left onto Paxton House Drive.
• You’ll pass a cemetery and a golf course on this road, the road name will change to 10th St. Take a right after 1.7 miles at the stop sign onto Magnolia Ave (501 S). You’ll be on this road for 14 miles.
• Take a right onto 501 S towards Big Island. This is a bridge crossing the James River. You’ll see a “Welcome to Bedford County” sign shortly after you cross the bridge.
• Drive about 4.3 miles, and take a right onto Big Island Highway (122 S). -Drive about 6.2 miles and take a left onto Charlemont Rd. The Sedalia Center and Sedalia Store will be on your right as you’re turning onto Charlemont. There will also be a Mountain Run Farm sign across from the Sedalia Store.
• Pass Sedalia Baptist Church on the left, turn into the Mountain Run Farm entrance on the left and drive straight down the gravel road towards Camp Sedalia.